IDEAS & ADVICE
The twinkling of Christmas trees, the glimmering of mantelpiece garlands – festive lights make our decorations feel that little bit more magical. They bring warmth to this icy time of year and make our homes feel extra cosy in the run-up to the big day.
Christmas Lighting The Christmas Shop
Tips on hanging Christmas lightsWant to make this year’s Christmas lighting truly spectacular? Follow our tips on hanging Christmas lights:
- Consider colour when picking out lighting. Cool lights create an icy feel, while yellow lighting brings warmth. - Always check your lights are working before you start hanging them. - When hanging lights in the garden, only use outdoor lighting. - If you don’t have a power source outside, go for battery-powered lighting. - Use self-adhesive decorating hooks to attach lights without damaging the surface.
Mantelpiece lighting ideasGet creative this festive season by trying out our easy mantelpiece lighting ideas.
1. Solo lightsIf you love the minimalist look, keep things simple by just laying string lights along your mantelpiece. You can drape them along the front of the mantelpiece to make an eye-catching statement. For that ultra-modern look, we love cool, icy-toned lights.
2. Light-up garlandsDo you always lay garlands along the mantelpiece? Make this Christmas decoration pop by adding some lighting. Weave string lights around your garland to make your fireplace a real centrepiece this year.
3. Heartwarming candlesYou can’t go wrong with candles for that cosy living room atmosphere. Whether you choose candlesticks, large scented candles, or mix-and-match styles, the flickering of a candle will add a heartwarming ambience to the room.
Christmas tree lighting ideasThe Christmas tree is always the star of the show; make sure it shines bright this year with our Christmas tree lighting ideas. Need help decorating your tree? Check out our ultimate guide to dressing a Christmas tree.
1. Classic tree lightingWant to stick to tradition? Go for the classic Christmas tree lighting method. Wind your string lights around the tree, starting at the top and working your way to the bottom. Make sure there’s consistent spacing between each row for a balanced look.
2. Bold lightingIf you want lighting that doubles up as baubles, opt for bold designs that make a festive style statement. Replace simple string lights with festoon or multicoloured ones.
3. Built-in lightsThe easiest way to bring lighting to your Christmas tree is to get one with built-in lights! This way, you know that every inch of your tree will shimmer and shine. You’ll find plenty of trees with built-in lighting in our range, with styles to suit every home.
Outdoor Christmas lighting ideasDecorating your outdoor space is just as important as the interiors. Our outdoor Christmas lighting ideas are guaranteed to inspire you this festive season.
1. Traditional string lightsWant that classic outdoor Christmas lighting? Hanging string lights is the way to go. You can hang them along your guttering, around the front door or around a tree trunk for an inviting atmosphere.
2. Magical lanternsTurn your front door footpath into a magical trail to Santa’s grotto by dotting outdoor lanterns on each side. Find a style that matches the rest of your décor to tie the whole look together. You could choose a classic glass lantern or go for a modern slatted design.
3. Glimmering wreathsEven if you don’t have a large garden, bring Christmas cheer outdoors with a light-up wreath. Hanging a festive wreath with built-in lighting is an easy way to add a warm glow to your outdoor space.
From the fireplace to the garden, our Christmas lighting ideas ensure every part of your home is sprinkled with festive cheer. Check out our edits for more tips on making this Christmas one to remember.Don’t forget to visit our Christmas Shop this merry season! From family gifts to festive decorations, we’ve got everything you need to plan the perfect Christmas.
Max Limit Reached
You have reached your limit of 0 items. Please review your Favourites List to keep this item.
Sign in or Register an account to save these items permanently.
Please try again
Favourites currently unavailable
Add to Favourites
Remove from Favourites
This item has been added/removed from a user's Favourites List.
Not already logged in? Sign Out
Are you sure you want to navigate away from this site?
If you navigate away from this siteyou will lose your shopping bag and its contents.
There are no Recently Viewed items to show.
Items will appear here as you view them. You can then select the images to revisit the items.
Oops' Something's gone wrong! Please try again